Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the vaccine is optional, will you take it?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    Originally posted by J.Freeman View Post

    Has anyone had to show their certificate yet? I haven't left the house in two days so I don't know what has changed on the ground.
    I imagine many people are quite eager to show their certificates today. If social media is any indication, a large majority of people who are vaxxed support this system.



    Comment


      #17
      Originally posted by Guap Chachi View Post

      I imagine many people are quite eager to show their certificates today. If social media is any indication, a large majority of people who are vaxxed support this system.


      I was just asking about people on this forum. Looking to get a junglist opinion on what its like.
      Last edited by J.Freeman; 09-22-2021, 03:49 PM.

      Comment


        #18
        Originally posted by Guap Chachi View Post
        I imagine many people are quite eager to show their certificates today. If social media is any indication, a large majority of people who are vaxxed support this system.
        can you give some examples/screenshots

        Comment


          #19
          you're right you don't carry around your yellow booklet because the instances of unvaccinated people for these diseases in those settings is nil. this isnt the case with covid which as we all are aware we have an active global pandemic related to.

          I would expect if we have an outbreak of tuberculosis you might need to produce evidence of vaccination past a certain threshold of cases/ active infections.

          i get it, these are draconian measures, what is the alternative to having our businesses and daily lives return to some form of what things were like pre-2020? we just all work out and spend 20 hours on a flight with a mask on? If the alternative is do nothing and trust people to govern themselves in a non-selfish way I just dont have that kind of faith in people anymore.
          the biggest issue is, the vax isn't working, despite the propaganda. israel and japan both show that the vax strategy has failed. what sense does it make that you need a vaxpass to sit down at a restaurant while there is an unvaxed guy walking by you picking up take-out? or the staff handling your food. or a sweaty rave where the bartenders don't need to be vaxed.

          sweden and denmark seem to be back to normal. they still monitor people coming in on flights, but i think they just let covid run its course and didn't get freaked out by the number of deaths, which really, are the same as the flu. people just didn't follow flu numbers so now they think covid numbers are crazy. it's not normal people i don't have faith in, its the government.

          it's hard talking about this without going down any conspiracy rabbit holes but the fact that dougy ford was anti vax and the next week flipped, and that none of the measures they've implemented are ironclad by any means, just raises too many questions as to what the fuck these people are doing

          Comment


            #20
            I don't think anyone knows what they are doing to be honest, there's no playbook. The vaccine has proven to be effective at reducing the risk of hospitalization from Covid, which has always been (in my opinion) the primary reason for us all to stay inside and now to get vaccinated, so as to not overwhelm our health care system.

            No part of me believes DF was ever willing to go all the way and be punitive because he wants to be re-elected and i firmly believe this is a huge reason why we can't seem to get out of this bullshit. We're past the lockdowns so this is what comes next i suppose.

            That being said I don't go anywhere except the beer store

            stay safe out there.

            Comment


              #21
              Originally posted by Guap Chachi View Post

              I imagine many people are quite eager to show their certificates today.
              that's pathetic

              Comment


                #22
                Originally posted by sp- View Post

                that's pathetic
                Which part? My imagination or people proudly displaying their papers to sit down in a restaurant?

                Comment


                  #23
                  Originally posted by oldtyme View Post
                  I don't think anyone knows what they are doing to be honest, there's no playbook. The vaccine has proven to be effective at reducing the risk of hospitalization from Covid, which has always been (in my opinion) the primary reason for us all to stay inside and now to get vaccinated, so as to not overwhelm our health care system.

                  No part of me believes DF was ever willing to go all the way and be punitive because he wants to be re-elected and i firmly believe this is a huge reason why we can't seem to get out of this bullshit. We're past the lockdowns so this is what comes next i suppose.

                  That being said I don't go anywhere except the beer store

                  stay safe out there.
                  very measured and cerebral take, thanks for that



                  Comment


                    #24
                    Originally posted by Guap Chachi View Post

                    Which part? My imagination or people proudly displaying their papers to sit down in a restaurant?
                    the latter. usually the feeling of pride comes from accomplishment, not submitting to government regulations. being happy to eat in a restaurant is fine, being eager to show documents given to you by the authorities is borderline orwellian.

                    Comment


                      #25
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/histo...riot-smallpox/

                      Comment


                      • oldtyme
                        oldtyme commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Montreal’s mayor was sick at home when he got word of the protest. He got on the phone

                        thought this was odd but this happened ten years after the invention of the telephone.. interesting.

                      #26
                      Smallpox killed 3 out of 10 people, 30%, and the vaccine is a live attenuated one, which only causes problems to people who are allergic, not heart conditions or enlarged testicles

                      Comment


                        #27
                        Makes you wonder if there was this much resistance when they introduced the Polio vaccine. How many disfigured bodies because of fear of the unknown possible side effects worse than Polio.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X