• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are MCs needed in DNB in 2020?

Lets re-open this can'o'worms.....

What’s different in 2020 ?

Comment

The music....the people....the promoters......

Comment

All good points. My answer is yes then.

Comment

Yes they are needed, how will i know when to say boh?

Comment

The MC's are def needed.
          Freq_words
          Last edited by Freq_words; 05-18-2020, 09:33 PM.

Comment

None of us are gonna be needed till a bloody vaccine. Level playing field now. 😂

Comment

Originally posted by Lucid View Post
              What’s different in 2020 ?
              lol.. big up lucid, freedom writers movement!

Comment

needs vs wants

Comment

Tonn Piper is decent with Andy

Comment

Originally posted by mvdubs View Post
                    None of us are gonna be needed till a bloody vaccine. Level playing field now. 😂
                    False.
                    The only reason I haven't completely lost it in the last 2 months is because I've been spoiled with livestreams, podcasts, and all kinds of online set tings from a lot of my most favorite DJs. Its helping me maintain a small sense of normalcy. We do need you.

As for the original question... I've never been a big fan of emcees (but I'm smart enough to keep my mouth shut about it) but that has a lot to do with the fact that there are a LOT of shit emcees out there.

I prefer a host over an emcee because me personally, I'm not showing up to a jam to see an emcee. I'm showing up because I want to hear X DJ play tunes. If the emcee/host can enhance that experience without taking over... sure. But otherwise I'm perfectly happily to not see anyone on the mic at all.

And if you've been anywhere near me at a jungle party in the last 5 years or so, you know I do not need any help knowing when to yell BOH #alwaystheonlyoneyellingatajungleparty

Comment

I agree a good MC in a hosting capacity can add good structure to a set. Drops a few well timed bars, say what you need to, but it's about enhancing a mix, not distracting from it.

Where's that gif of that fml DJ turning that mic down on her MC? Am I remembering that correctly?

Comment

Live shows = yes

Pre-recorded sets = no

Comment

MC’s are 100%.

But when you get 30 of them going non stop, it turns into KOTD. They’re supposed to be toasting the set not blocking out the music.

Comment

Originally posted by achilles View Post

Where's that gif of that fml DJ turning that mic down on her MC? Am I remembering that correctly?

I can see it in my minds eye. Her name was Gina, but for some reason her DJ name escapes me at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                            X