• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New DnB Documentary from DnB Arena

Drum & Bass: The Movement - The D&B Documentary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8fu...cy0r3eh52qWLtU
    norris
    Last edited by norris; 05-26-2020, 01:03 PM.

I wasn’t very impressed with it. But the controversy that’s on Twitter right now sums it up. I posted this earlier as I think the editing is really well done and I like the DNBA little sketches in between all of it was nice but I felt the anthropology of it all was very bias and one sided. I’m sure a lot of people enjoyed it I felt it was kind of depressing and lacked a better story narrative.

Comment

do we find out if MCs are needed in DNB in 2020?

Comment

He was only 42 years old and a bloated, fading version of the once-beautiful man whose rhythmic hip-swaying earned him the nickname “Elvis the Pelvis.” His girlfriend, Ginger Alden, found him unconscious, lying face down in the master suite bathroom on the second floor of his Memphis mansion, Graceland.

Comment

Originally posted by cruddy ! View Post
          do we find out if MCs are needed in DNB in 2020?
          lolerskates

haven't watched it yet so I can't give an educated opinion yet, but, based on everyone's reactions for far I expect it will be comparable to the Spike Jonze/BEASTIE show. High level overview, doesn't give you everything you want (the book was better).

Comment

Its impossible to make a documentary that makes everyone happy. This was not even close. Lots of missing information and details, lots of mentions that didnt even deserve being mentioned.

Imagine trying a TJ documentary? Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk Sick View Post
              lots of mentions that didnt even deserve being mentioned.
              THIS. although I think we could have had a lot more of Digital Spirit & Total Science.

Comment

Originally posted by Talk Sick View Post
                Its impossible to make a documentary that makes everyone happy. This was not even close. Lots of missing information and details, lots of mentions that didnt even deserve being mentioned.

Imagine trying a TJ documentary? Madness.
                I think it could be done if it was a youtube series with one dj per episode, maybe that way if anyone whines about not being mentioned they could be next.

Comment

Working...
                X